- I let Brayden paint my nails, which means my fingers too :) Then I wrote letters on the tips of his fingers representing different things he's really good at... so I wrote "P" for puzzles, "K" for being kind, "H" for being my helpful...
- The kids had a bubble bath and then full body lotion rubs
- We played outside... sandbox, bikes, chalk, slides - all that good stuff kids crave
- A couple times I would get down on Brayden's level, look him straight in the eyes, and whisper a secret like "you are my fav" "you are my best friend" and he would just light up!
- I just tried to remember to take time and LAUGH and giggle a lot.
- We looked through old pictures.
- We took a trip to the local library and also sat and watched a construction site - free entertainment!
Some other ideas we didn't quite get to:
- Make homemade finger paint and put different colors in a muffin tin. Here's a recipe.
- Make a cereal necklace.
- Take goofy pictures of you together.
- Make something yummy and give to a friend/neighbor.
- Try to include them in "helping" you with some of your chores.
- At bedtime, tell your child some things you noticed that day... ways they were kind and helpful, qualities you see in them, etc
At the end of the day, I still have a big pile of dirty dishes and we had leftovers for dinner... BUT, I hope that my kids know how much I love them and that I'm here for them!!