Monday, February 4, 2013

Tears

Steve was drawing Hailey a picture of "Madeline" (after reading that cute book).  And all the sudden with paper and pencil in hand Hailey drew her very first little person.  Tears began to well up in my eyes as I was completely overcome with immense joy.  I felt so proud of her.  I can't help but think how much our Heavenly Father must rejoice even in our small and simple triumphs!

My little Hailey Roo Roo is growing up.  I love the way that girl sweetly says "one minute" when she just wants us to cuddle all cozied up with her pink blanket a little longer before putting her down for bed.  I love how she wants every day to do "booty parlor" to paint her nails and fix her hair and put on mommy's makeup.  I love how she counts ... one, two, three, eleven, twelve.  I adore her dimpled beautiful smile with her shiny red, curly hair (that I just chopped off, oh I miss it!).  I will keep this picture forever and remember those tears :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...